If you use certain Services within the GlobaliD App or the GlobaliD Site, or functionality enabled through GlobaliD SDKs and APIs, third parties may provide information to us and you in the context of those Services. These third parties include business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources, including the Verifications provided by our Verification Providers. We retain your data for as long as is necessary and/or required by law.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- We process Personal Data relating to GlobaliD Name holders for the purpose of rendering the GlobaliD Service, allowing GlobaliD Name holders to create and use their own portable digital identity and to build their reputation by adding Verifications to their GlobaliD Name.
- Anonymous Data: We may create Anonymous Data from the Personal Data we receive about our users. We make Personal Data into Anonymous Data by excluding information (such as your first name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze usage patterns in order to make improvements to the GlobaliD Service.
We may also use your Personal Data that you Consent to allowing GlobaliD access (e.g., GlobaliD Name, public name, public description):
- To operate, maintain, and improve the GlobaliD Site, products, and Services;
- To manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account, if you have an account with us(or use our Services);
- To identify you when you visit our website or use our application;
- To conduct analytics;
- To respond to inquiries related to support, or other requests;
- To send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To process financial transactions and other permissions you initiate via our Services; and
- As further described herein.
GlobaliD does not use your data for ad targeting.
Legal Bases for Processing Information
We only collect and process Personal Data about you where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable data protection laws. We process Personal Data in the following ways:
- With your Consent where appropriate or legally required;
- To perform a contract that you have with us;
- For our legitimate interests, including to improve our Services, optimize your experience, or market our Services;
- As required by law, such as compliance with a subpoena or similar legal process, when we believe in good faith disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you submit Personal Data to procure GlobaliD Services, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your Consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
How We Share Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this Policy, we disclose your Personal Data as described in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this Policy. We do not share your Personal Data unless either you specifically provide your Consent to do so, or we are under a legal obligation to provide your Personal Data according to applicable laws.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or the provision of Services by a third party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We may share information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, application, provide technical support, and/or process payments.
You can make the following choices regarding your Personal Data:
- Access Your Personal Data. You may request access to your Personal Data by contacting us at the address below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the Personal Data that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Data (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing
- Change Your Personal Data. We rely on you to update and correct your Personal Data. The GlobaliD Site and GlobaliD App allows you to modify or delete your account profile. If it does not permit you to update or correct certain information or delete your account, you may contact us at the address below in order to request that your information be modified. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Delete Your Personal Data. Typically, we retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your Personal Data by contacting us at the address below. If required by law, we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your Personal Data to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes. Your information is kept in encrypted form and only parties that you have consented to will have access to such information.
- Object to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your Personal Data by contacting us at the address identified below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- Withdraw your Consent. If you revoke your Consent for the processing of Personal Data, then we may no longer be able to provide you with GlobaliD Services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke Consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke Consent to processing (where such processing is based upon Consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission of Information to Other Countries. As a multi-national company, we transmit information between and among our affiliates and GlobaliD Partners. GlobaliD works with third party Verification Providers that may be located outside the United States. GlobaliD Name holders may choose to share information with these Verification Providers. As a result, your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat Personal Data using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your Personal Data to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Scope and Applicability. This Policy applies to GlobaliD Services and Personal Data that we collect, use, store, share, and process from the GlobaliD website, mobile application or other online activities. This Policy does not apply to Personal Data provided to us for recruiting or employment purposes or third party applications/websites, as described below.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own. Our Services allow GlobaliD Name holders to create links to their social and non-social network profiles. GlobaliD Name holders may also place links to their GlobaliD Public Profile on those network sites. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them.
- Our Policy on Children: GlobaliD Services are not directed to children under 13. To use GiD Services, you must be old enough to consent to the processing of your Personal Information in your jurisdiction. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided us withPersonal Information, GiD will take immediate steps to delete such information. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us using the contact information listed below.
- Abusive or Inappropriate Information: We ask that you not send us, and that you not disclose, any information that may be considered abusive or inappropriate in the legal jurisdiction in which you reside or operate. Abusive or inappropriate submitted material may be flagged on our platform through community moderation and may be ghosted from public view.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices, please contact us at the address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
You may contact us via email at email@example.com or contact us by mail at GlobaliD, 6114 La Salle Ave, #541, Oakland CA 94611.
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
1. Period for which your Personal Data will be stored
- We will retain your Personal Data as long as necessary to render the GlobaliD Service and/or to comply with our legal obligations.
2. Automated decision-making, including profiling
- We do not use your Personal Data for the purposes of automated decision-making. However, we may do so in order to fulfill obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such Processing and provide you with an opportunity to object, as allowable by law.
3. How GlobaliD protects your Personal Data
- Only the Personal Data you choose to designate public will be available publicly. While you may add, edit, and/or delete data you have made public, you acknowledge that once data has been made public, any and every one may have had access to, and made use of, your public data. We, and other third parties, may have made copies and preserved any public data that you have added, edited, and/or deleted.
For Personal Data that you have not designated public:
- To protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures including computer safeguards.
- We also maintain other physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Data that you have Consented GlobaliD access to and we limit information access to employees for whom access is appropriate.
- Your Personal Data are stored on our servers in an encrypted state such that only you or anyone to whom you specifically Consent to provide access can decrypt your Personal Data.
- A copy of your information is stored in an encrypted vault which can be accessed in response to appropriate requests such as court orders, legal investigation, or requests by service providers to which you explicitly Consent to provide access.
4. Who can you contact if you have further questions or requests about your privacy?