3.2.1 User Content
GlobaliD users may post, upload, submit, share or otherwise contribute content to the Service (which may include, for example, pictures, text, messages, information, and/or other types of content) (“User Content”). For the avoidance of doubt, “User Content” includes any such content posted to the GlobaliD Support Community as well as any other part of the GlobaliD Service.
You agree that, with respect to any User Content you share on the Service, (1) you own or have the right to post such User Content, (2) your User Content is accurate, and (3) such User Content, or its use by GlobaliD as contemplated by the Agreements, does not violate the Agreements or any other rights set forth within the user guidelines, applicable law, or the intellectual property, publicity, personality, or other rights of others or imply any affiliation with or endorsement of you or your User Content by GlobaliD without express written consent from GlobaliD. You agree that you will indemnify us for any infringement of third-party rights.
The GlobaliD Platform is compliant with Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 (“CDA”) which states that, “no provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.” (47 U.S.C. §230). By using the Service, you may encounter User Content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other GlobaliD Name holders’) User Content or information. GlobaliD may, but has no obligation to, monitor, review, or edit User Content. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Service, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. Subject to your compliance with these Agreements, GlobaliD grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, and revocable right to access the Services and use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use, and as we otherwise intend. GlobaliD reserves the right to monitor the Service for the purpose of determining that your usage complies with these Agreements.
The broad protections of freedom of expression and innovation in the CDA do not exempt certain criminal and intellectual capital violation-based User Content. GlobaliD reserves the right to determine the appropriate local law enforcement agency with which to share flagged User Content, based on factors related to the location of the person or entity posting the content in question, as well as the server location hosting the content in question.
You are solely responsible for all User Content that you post. GlobaliD is not responsible for User Content nor does it endorse any opinion contained in any User Content. YOU AGREE THAT IF ANYONE BRINGS A CLAIM AGAINST GLOBALID RELATED TO USER CONTENT THAT YOU POST, THEN, TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER LOCAL LAW, YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD GLOBALID HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES AND COSTS) ARISING OUT OF SUCH CLAIM.
3.2.2 Public Content
Each GlobaliD Name is public and has a Public Profile associated with it, to which you may upload a profile photo, display name, and biographic information. You acknowledge that the information that you share on your Public Profile is publicly available and may be viewed by anyone using or accessing the GlobaliD Platform, including the GlobaliD website and GlobaliD public APIs. Remember that the information that you share on your Public Profile may be used and re-shared by other users on the GlobaliD Platform or across the web, so please use GlobaliD carefully. GlobaliD has no responsibility for your choices to post material on the Service. For more information, please refer to the GlobaliD.
3.2.3 Use Guidelines
Please respect GlobaliD and other GlobaliD Name holders. Don’t engage in any activity or post any User Content which is or includes material that:
- is offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene;
- is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or proprietary rights of GlobaliD or a third party;
- includes your Revoke/Restore Code or purposely includes any other GlobaliD Name holder’s Revoke/Restore Code or purposely includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- includes malicious content such as malware, Trojan horses, or viruses, or otherwise interferes with any user’s access to the Service;
- is intended to or does harass or bully other users;
- impersonates or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with another user, person, or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam, junk mail, chain letters, or similar;
- involves commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, or pyramid schemes, that are not expressly authorized by GlobaliD;
- involves the reverse engineering, decompiling, tampering with or disassembling the technology used to provide the Service (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by a non-waivable provision of applicable law);
- attempts to obtain unauthorized access to the Service;
- violates, misappropriates or infringes a third party’s intellectual property or other right, or any social media platform terms;
- interferes with any third party’s ability to use or enjoy, or our ability to provide, the Service;
- interferes with or in any way disrupts the GlobaliD Service, tampers with, breaches, or attempts to probe, scan, or test for vulnerabilities in the Service or GlobaliD’s computer systems, network, usage rules, or any of GlobaliD’s security components, authentication measures or any other protection measures applicable to the Service, the Content or any part thereof; or
- conflicts with the Agreements, as determined by GlobaliD.
GlobaliD may, but has no obligation to, monitor or review User Content. However, you acknowledge and agree that posting any User Content that violates these user guidelines (or that GlobaliD reasonably believes violates these user guidelines) may result in termination or suspension of your GlobaliD account.